Friday, February 17, 2012

My First AWARD!!!

I must be a real blogger now, I've actually received an award on my blog!!! And from a very dear friend too: Ms. PaddedCellPrincess herself!
If you haven't read her blog ever, you are sorely missing out!

The stipulations of this award are that I must list 7 facts about myself and then present the award to other worthy bloggers. Who to choose, who to choose....

Let's start with the facts, that might be easier.

1. I am currently working in the ER. I don't really like it; not at all. It stresses me out. And I want to find out what happens to them after the ER and I never do....
2. I made granola by myself for the first time today! My mom used to make it all the time when we were kids because she refused to buy "sugar cereals" for us. But I've never actually made it myself. Yum!

3. The book I'm reading right now is over 1000 pages. Yep, I'm reading the "Game of Thrones" series. They. Are. Awesome! And extremely long...... It's really a wonder I get around to blogging at all these days!

4. I have a roommate. I haven't really talked about her a lot, but now that she reads my blog (she just found out I have a blog yesterday) I should probably give her some blovin' (that's blog lovin'). H is super tall and entertainment galore. She likes to make fun of me and my messiness. We watch a lot of "How I Met Your Mother" and "Big Bang Theory" and we do a lot of Pinterest.
5. Today's award/mention from the Princess is not my only mention in the last 24 hours. I got a sweet shout-out from my dear friend Todd over at Engineering a Med Student!

6. I found out this past Monday where I am headed for residency. It is a very important day in a medical student's life when they find out where they match for residency, if you even match. We put all our eggs in this one basket and run the major risk of not being chosen. It is amazing to be chosen, not to mention being chosen by my first choice. So I'm moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma! Woohoo! I'm gonna learn me how t' line dance!

7. By the way, I burned said granola. But it still tasted ok, ask my roomie. Just don't tell anyone, ok?
Now to pass it on....

this seems rather daunting at the moment, I haven't slept much lately....

Until I wake up tomorrow then!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

OMG - I'm reading A Game of Thrones too!!! Well, that and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Both are slow going though.

Vicki

A single working girl seeking free time said...

Such a great series, Vicki! I had a hard time getting through TGWTDT series, but really liked the story line. Enjoy!!!

Victoria said...

Game of Thrones is 100% my kind of book. TGWTDT has been on my list for quite awhile, but with Daniel Craig and Goran Visnjic in the movie...I had to move it up in the rankings :) I'm really excited to see how it ends though.