Saturday, May 26, 2012

Adventures at Home for the Long Weekend

I'm cat sitting. I've been cat sitting for over a week now. I forgot to tell you. I'm sure you've survived just fine without this knowledge.
This cat is ridiculous. I'm not kidding. Now, I've cat-sat this cat before, so I know the ridiculosities of which she is capable.
Usually, I watch her in her home, as her mommy and daddy and nutso puppy-sister lived a couple miles from me. However, they recently moved to Lansing, MI (the capitol city of Michigan, home to Burt Reynolds and Steven Seagal, and the city in which Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson lives in his movie Tooth Fairy.)
Moving on.

The first time I watched Lucky (the cat), her family had been gone a couple days and she was sensory deprived! I couldn't get away from her. She followed me around like a puppy and would roll around on the floor/table/bed, whichever was nearest, just waiting for me to love on her. However, as with most cats, she only wanted me to pet her to her hearts content, any more and she'd nip or swat.
This time she's at my apartment, and it's just been the 2 of us. She's pretty much ignored me the entire time. Unless she wants food. When she wants food, she lets you know!
Mostly she just hides under my bed. But last night, she did something odd...

My apartment is a 2 bedroom, but the rooms are separated by our living room/dining room/kitchen area. Last night I was sitting on the couch in the living room being fairly unproductive as per usual when I saw a little grey head poke around the doorway to my room. Lucky was watching for me watching for her.
just peeking

10:42pm - Lucky saw I wasn't watching for her, she sneaked across the living space to H's room.
10:47pm - Lucky bolted back to my room.
11:06pm - Lucky strolled to the kitchen.
11:07pm - Lucky knocked 1/2 the food in her bowl onto the kitchen floor
11:11pm - Lucky walked back to my room.
11:23pm - Lucky sauntered through the living room to H's room.
11:30pm - Lucky ignored me as she walked in front of the couch toward the TV and decided to play on the few boxes I've packed and bat at the blinds
11:32pm - the blinds are no longer interesting. Lucky hides behind the couch.
11:38pm - Lucky is back in the kitchen eating her spilled food off the floor
11:41pm - I get up to use the bathroom, Lucky ignores me.
11:42pm - Lucky growls at me when I come back from the bathroom.
11:44pm - Lucky starts rolling around in (yes IN) the myriad of boxes strewn about the floor.
11:57pm - I head to bed. Lucky looks at me as if to say, "Seriously? You're going to bed right now? LAME! What are you, like 80? Boooooo!"

cat is very disappointed in you
So, this morning, I get up and make coffee and start watching the Today Show and out strolls Lucky. She acknowledges me with a nod and heads into the kitchen. Then she sits at the corner of the kitchen and the living room and stares at me.
Then she decided she wanted belly rubs. She rolled around on the floor.
Looked up at me to see if I saw her. Rolled again on the floor.
So I proceeded to oblige her. She quickly got tired of the petting and ran away from me. She's been sulking under my bed ever since. I'm not really sure why. I filled her bowl. She has water, even though she decided to drink out of the sink this morning....

From what I've read, I've surmised she is either:

  • pissed at me for the rainy weather we're having here in the D 
  • hungover, though I swear I only let her have 1 drink last night!
  • plotting to kill me
I'm pretty sure she's plotting to kill me.  She has 6 of the 9 warning signs, and 2 she doesn't have because she's not allowed outside. Maybe I should go away for Memorial Day Weekend afterall....



No comments: